Friday, June 8, 2012

WIP - Hellhoney Calendar

Finally, I've been getting some stuff done this merry June. I've drawn a QT Crawlie, finished one of the two below drawings, and finished drawing a huge commission project of many parts (which had better be colored, by the time you're reading this!)


I've had this one drawn since January. The perspective is horrible and this time I can't say the sofa is just turned, right? The side wall looks like it's on a whole other viewing plane and I don't know how to fix it. Help? This is supposed to be the January page of the calendar...


...While this will be the February page. Nicolina at full power (yay, muscles!!) I had this blocked out for awhile, but I finally hammered out the rest of her body shape and that daunting outfit this past weekend.




2 comments:

  1. (What was this "huge commission project?")

    I'm gonna try to help. >.> Since the viewer seems to be looking down at the characters, I think that wall line would be lower on the page. And it wouldn't be so "sharp," diagonally-wise (wouldn't go up so much). That makes no sense. 8D

    Hmmm, do you have a similar setup in your house? I suggest having a family member, or a plushie, sitting on the floor next to a couch, close to a wall. Then go on from there. That could help.

    I suck. XD

    But I really like the pic. I squeed when I saw it because it's big and detailed. *hugs the bat*

    I don't think I've ever seen pissed!Nicolina. Pretty haaaaaaaaaands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all in my Twitter feed in this page.

      Ah, so it would follow the angles of the sofa more? Like parallel on the plane? I don't have a similar set-up in our house, but I can try that idea, too (having a reference guinea bird.) Thank you for trying to help me, it does make sense and I think I see what needs to be fixed (you're especially right about the edge of the floor needing to come down, because it's like having an eyeball at five feet of height and another on the ceiling with its current perspective. XD )

      Thank you~ I'm glad you approve of my work so far... now I gotta go make more to show you! *prances off like a labrador retriever*

      Delete