Friday, August 24, 2012

WIP - Xerxes and Caeser Valentines

I better start posting these since I've been "absent" from the Internet (from publishing much, that is.) I still need to draw and scan more WIPs. I've been concentrating on sketches lately. These WIPs are actually pretty old, from early 2011 (February-ish.) But I'm desperate for stuff to post, so here we go!

I only finished two of my 2011 Power Warp Valentine's pictures (one being Derrot and the other being a comical Caeser/Derrot pairing since it got the most votes.) Have two more.


For some reason I tried to go with fanservice with most of them. I should save that for the beach scenes and go for a more classy look for my "2012" revisions. I mean, Xerxes looks okay topless, but a suit would be more appropriate.


Caeser is supposed to look silly, but the toplessness is making me facepalm. I guess this would look better colored. Still, like Xerxes, I'd like to put him in a suit.




2 comments:

  1. Put them in suits! The bare chests look fine, but well-defined male torsos have always looked odd to me. 8D *strange*

    The arm/leg muscles are beautiful here. *jealous of your drawing of them* That disembodied hand in the second pic is nice...what's it doing there? >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of topless men either (lol nipples are so funny and I avoid drawing them.) Xerxes should be leaner, too, I think... not the same size muscles as Caeser.

      Thank you! I was pretty amazed I didn't screw them up, but I had been referencing Greek statues for a parody around that time, so that's probably why they came okay.

      The hand is actually a shadow. Most of these were intended to be gag Valentines. The joke with Caeser was that he'd be bored and playing his video games during the date (he's incredibly lazy), and the date would have to resort to making shadow puppets and chicken noises to get his attention.

      Delete