Friday, February 10, 2012

WIP - Random Calendar Pencils



From my Random Silly Illustrations calendar. They are kind of like a continuation of the series of strange drawings I did for class my last semester at University (Cute Things Turned Ugly and Unlikely Bikini Photoshoot Locations.) Like the Optimizzy calendar pictures, I'm pleased with how these turned out, which is probably why I completed so many from each series (the fact they are both simple probably has a lot to do with it, too.) So I likely won't re-draw these either. I can instead have an extra half hour to draw more Hellhoney and the other major projects.

January

February

Why would I even draw these when I have so many more ambitious projects to work on? Sometimes it just feels good to doodle something weird for the heck of it. It's relaxing.



4 comments:

  1. Mr. Pepper made me laugh. He's just so happy, and seems persistent despite having his creation melt.

    And the February just made me gasp. It's cute at first, but then the morbidity shows itself and... o.O Just, what? Is that a grave?
    I love it because it's creepy. :B (And you know I love creepy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, you laughed! That's the point of this calendar, so I'm glad~! ^^

      I updated the post with the correct February picture. XD But yup, that was a grave and the purpose of that series, on the other hand, is to be cute but depressing at the same time. Like strangely optimistic. :3

      Delete
  2. Sweet, the heart's in the right place. I like the straining veins on the muscular lung. 8D (Odd combo of words)
    And is the stomach staring at me? D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, nice pun! And thanks! I'm satisfied with the manly lung, too. 8D

      Yup, the stomach is staring at the viewer and the spleen has an inferiority complex.

      Delete