Friday, August 19, 2011

Hellhoney - The Dragon Character Design Sketches

I'm going to try start posting my sketches and Work-In-Progresses here on a regular basis. If I stop getting distracted, that is. And manage my time right. New Year's is a long way off, in both directions, will I be able to do it?? *noes* (Okay, that sounded wrong. Don't allow me to narrate for movies.)

So I'll start by posting a Hellhoney character design. Two sketches for now, as I want to spread things out and stall until I finish coloring some pieces and finish the reworked script for Chapter 1 of Hellhoney.

The Dragon! Real Name Not Yet Revealed!



She will be a rival and ally of the main character. The Sailor Mars of the group, basically.



Her mythical creature is the dragon. I hope I'm not making the designs too similar. I just want to make sure they fit together.

Tomorrow's post will hopefully not be so late. I haven't decided yet whether it will be another Hellhoney design/sketch, a WIP image, or fanart. Hmm...

4 comments:

  1. *pinches her nose* Eeee, the full-body is kick-ass in its movement! Loving the scaling detail, even if they are sketchy. That foot is pretty nifty too. Is it supposed to be a shoe?

    Chapter 1! *makes grabby hands*

    Er...I can't be much help in telling you what to post next. >.> Anything you've listed? 8D

    She'll be drawn some day. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, a lot of these sketches are very sketchy when it comes to detail, since I try to see whether it works or not (since I'm not sure if I'll erase it all or not. XD It's like trying on clothes.) When I do final drawings that I will color and sell as prints, then I'll focus on detail. :)

    It's actually a boot that mimics a dragon's foot, so it has claws and scales, too. :3

    Yes! I'm going to type out my Chapter 1 notes soon and give you a link. ^^

    Haha, I'll just post some more Hellhoney stuff until I run out of the character sketches I did and WIPs I still need to color. :3

    Who will be drawn someday? XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dragon boots now remind me of those big plush dino shoes that make noise every time you take a step. >.>

    I'll be looking forward to that link. *makes grabby hands. Again* Hooray, progress!

    I meant that Miss Dragon Lady will be drawn (or messily sketched) at some point by me. If I'm still alive by the end of this semester. 8D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that would make an interesting quirk of her outfit. XD And she have to assure everyone, "It's just my shoes! Stop giggling!"

    I'll probably send it over to you via note on dA... should I make a separate note just for that?

    Yay! Thank you so much... this would be what, the fourth Hellhoney fanart ever? (You've done two and your friend did the N for Nicolina one, right?) :D *gets to work on sketches and drawings for you*

    ReplyDelete