Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hellhoney - The Leprechaun Character Design Sketches

I just took a fall about 15-20 minutes ago. I was walking into my room and my rubber-soled house shoes caught on the floor and sent me tumbling, almost crashing into my desk and scanner in the process. Luckily I landed on a rug, but that rug took off one or two layers of skin! So I just got patched back up after realizing I was bleeding. It's all this character's fault...

The Leprechaun - Name Also To Be Revealed Later 8D



I started adding freckles to her, but they looked wrong, so I erased them. And yet the eraser dust on this scan actually makes them look okay. I'm going to have fun when I draw her braids for serious.

Though I noticed I seem to keep going back to a more realistic style than the style I started with at the beginning of the year with this particular project. Before I was trying to parody the huge eyes of shoujo comics, and I wonder if I should go back to that original goal (even though it makes my characters look like creepy aliens, but that's actually kind of fitting for this comic.)



The Leprechaun is the tank of the team (she's short, but stocky.) However, she also has an interesting asset in the form of her pot of gold. At first I was thinking Death Rainbows could shoot out for the extra redonkulous factor. But maybe it could be a hyperdimensional portal as well. It could be useful for storing extra weapons and healing items (which would be awesome if this ever became an RPG.)

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I say choose the style you would enjoy working with the most for an extended period of time. But your style probably could change anyway as time goes on, as I've seen with numerous comics. >.> /"helping" (Heh, creepy aliens)

    How dark did you draw the freckles originally? If you keep them light and sparing, they could look more natural.

    Those PANTS. Those ears. Those shoes. 8D

    *wants a pot of Death Rainbows*


    And have you fallen anymore? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be most comfortable to stay with the current style, but I suppose I can do some more sketches to see how they look in "shoujo parody mode." I'm guessing they'll look more unoriginal that way, though... it could be hard to draw Griffin's nose that way. D:

    I drew them about the same mid-value as the rest of the drawing, except I drew them as circles and filled them in. I'll try giving her more natural freckles next time, as per your suggestion. ^^

    She's so silly. 8D

    That will come in the collector's edition. ;p

    I've tripped several more times since then (about half a dozen times in the last two day), around the same general spot in the floor (it's cursed!), but fortunately I've been able to catch myself before falling and getting massive rub burn. The burn/scrape on my knee still hurts and looks nasty. D:

    ReplyDelete