Monday, August 22, 2011

Hellhoney - The Lilitu Character Design Sketches

This one might cause nerdrage because I chose something somewhat obscure that probably means a lot to some people. So my disclaimer is that while I read the Wikipedia article about lilitu (Lilith), I just picked my favorite parts and mangled them. Don't take it seriously, I just had fun.

Okay, so now for the character that probably would be more at home in Las Vegas:

The Lilitu: (This actually ties in to an event later on in the story and a memorable character -for me, at least-, so this is why I give her that name rather than just calling her a witch.)



Here's where the 1.5 character bit comes in. She actually has a male demon attached to her aura. He was trying to possess her, but somehow she gained control over him, so now he permanently tags along with her. As for the girl that becomes The Lilitu, she's not as scary as she looks (her eyebags are a result of staying up late reading or using the Internet, something a lot of us can relate to I imagine.) She's the fun older sister type.



And this is her Las Vegas outfit, err, strange bird/snake outfit. She mostly casts spells, and she can be a healer, but her mule demon (that was not a typo) does a portion of fighting for her, too. Oh, and look at that fluffy pony tail he has! And cute little ear tufts! I guess evolution favored him becoming someone's pet... >:3

I hope he's not too similar to dog demons and their humans masters, which have become a bit overused (like fox demons)... hopefully a mule demon can give the same laughs while being unique enough. (She can feed him oats!)

2 comments:

  1. It's like looking in a mirror for the first one. >.>

    Wouldn't that pose break his neck(with her putting weight on it with her arm)? Maybe not since he's a demon. Seems a bit...kinky? With that outfit anyway.
    Is she addicted to caffeine too in order to stay up all night? 8D

    I can haz shoes?

    And a donkey demon could work well in a parody, to make some fun of fox and wolf demons.(They are pretty overused, eh? Maybe because they're adorable) At least this one can be useful as furniture.

    What would cause nerdrage? <.<

    She and Miss Griffin are my faves thus far. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, except I have bangs. O:

    Actually I kept messing up on the anatomy on that one, and now it's just her arm that's severely out of place. Her arm is twirling a lock of his hair rather than resting on his neck, though, so he survives (for now!) :3 (If you look up Lilith, she is sometimes associated with sexuality. She probably is kinky. 8D)

    Probably. Coffee, tea, AND chocolate. 8D

    If I ever start a line of Hellhoney fashion, I'll make sure her shoes are in the line-up. :D

    I kind of think of Hellhoney as a magical girl parody, so it looks like I'm safe. Haha, he's a very fine piece of furniture, except for the noise. XD

    Lilith is an important figure for some. I didn't want a follower of Lilith or a mythology buff saying I butchered her by using her name (or rather, the demonic species) for a Las Vegas-style (anti)heroine and a lady owl with large breastmeat that eats children.

    Yay! I'm glad you can pick out some favorites. ^^

    ReplyDelete