Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hellhoney - The Griffin Character Design Sketches

Someone's going to have fun with this one. :D Because today we have a character that I know a certain someone is going to tease me about having "Cockatoo" hair like the Tenth Doctor on Doctor Who. But seriously, it's because her transformation is half bird.

The Griffin



She's the taller and sarcastic one of the group. Her face is supposed to be long and thin and bony, but with her nose and face shape, I had to give her some squishiness in the cheeks... otherwise she would have looked like an old man! As you can see, I was toying around with two ways she could wear her "feathers"... either across the middle of her head or with a center fake-mohawk. I rather like the former, but I'm not sure if that would be possible in real life without lots of hairspray. But this is just a comic, so oh well.



She has a simpler outfit to fit her no-nonsense personality. And she's more speedy and can fight in the air better than any of the other main characters. She needs a weapon, but I don't want anything weighing her down. Maybe she's a magical griffin? 8D

Oh yeah, and I tried adding feathers around her neck, but then she looked like a female version of The Vulture (from Spider-Man.) She really is the "Old Man" of the group! :O

Just one more main (human) character to go. Or perhaps that's 1.5? And then I have the "bad guys" and supporting cast. And stuffed animals. Lots of them.

2 comments:

  1. Pfffft, afro tail.
    I love those legs. They're so muscular and made of awesome. The movement is neat too; I can see her running(funnily) at someone. (Uh oh, did 10 do a mating dance? He better run. Or maybe he's into hybrids.) She seems so serious an/or relaxed compared to her stance.

    Yes, I love her hair. :P And she has a lovely face, with nice lips and the beak nose fits so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I want my female leads to be fierce and powerful, so I made sure most of them have some degree of muscle (the main character has the least, though, because she's such a squirt. XD)

    If she saw 10, she might mate with him and then eat him! 8D Actually, my set of heroines are probably one the least romantic bunch of female heroines ever. >_> (Unless you count The Lilitu, and even then she treats her mule demon slave as... well, a mule and a slave. XD)

    Despite her seriousness and calmness, I hope I make her a master of dry humor! 8D

    Yay, I'm glad! Thank you~ I find her the most beautiful of my creations so far. <33

    ReplyDelete