Friday, March 9, 2012

WIP - QT Crawlies 2

I was asked to continue posting the old QT Crawlies drawings that I intend to re-draw. Well, that's perfect because they are easier to post now that I found them all. Things that would have gone in this corner are now lined up to be inked and can be expected shortly.

Parasitic Hedgehog Fly

Parasitic Hedgehog Fly. This is one of my favorites, so spiky and tomboyish. She's munching on the leftover remnants of her host. (If I recall correctly, the flies inject their eggs into the host and the larvae eat the host from the inside out.) Very cool looking insects, though I wouldn't want to get too close to one.

Springtail

Springtail. So common (and annoying.) But certainly they are much cuter imagined this way?

Lacebug

Lacebug. These bugs are beautiful. And of course beautiful things are stuck-up and sopheeesticated.



2 comments:

  1. I think you know which of these is my fave. >.> Morbid morbid morbid, with a dose of cuteness to rub in the sad fact that the "host" is dead. Who was her host? Anyone/thing in particular?
    I know these are old, but is there something wonky with her leg on the right? It looks "perspectively" correct at first glance, but it seems a bit odd. I don't think her thigh would show that much at that angle.
    /nitpicking Perspective is a bitch.

    And I thought I told you to stop giving me diabeetus. Look at that Springtail, looking so pudgy and sweet. *pokes the shoes*

    The lacebug made me think of the "Can't Touch This" dance. I am so sorry. >.> The PANTS.

    I need to have you watch a certain short film about bugs (coming out of people). Lemme find it so that I can traumatize you. 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have any bug in particular in mind for the host, probably a another fly or beetle. XD And I'm glad you like her~ I'll keep the perspective thing in mind for the redraw! (It actually looks broken now to me, but I'll try moving her leg up on the plane and see how that works out.)

    I think Springtail is more likely to give you ulcers than diabetes. She's so hyper and annoying. 8D

    That's more like a transparent skirt... but awww... Lacebug probably wouldn't approve of that song. XDD

    Nooooo, I won't watch it because that really would creep me out. ;_;

    ReplyDelete