Friday, March 23, 2012

WIP - QT Crawlies 5

Back again! It really shouldn't take me as long as it does to make these posts considering I had the pictures scanned and ready to upload over a week ago.

Water Strider

Water Strider. These bugs are so cool, especially the extra spiky ones. My poor Water Strider looks like she's missing her butt, though. Regardless, I hope the redraw turns out as cool, because I actually do like how it turned out.

Stink Bug

Stink Bug. I identify with this bug so much. Tacos are cool.

Love Bug

Love Bug. Okay, I know about love bugs, but please dismiss any knowledge of real love bugs when looking at this illustration. They are just twin sisters here! This is supposed to be a family friendly series. Anyway, in Florida, these bugs are such a pain. They make a mess wherever they go (much like birds, but I can forgive birds because they are cuter.)



2 comments:

  1. I love the Water Strider's pose! <3 Nice and curvy. I think her butt will show better if you just added a more definite "butt line." It looks fine though. :P Some people do have flat-looking backsides.

    Are tacos "cool" because they make people pass gas? :P (Depends on the kind of taco) Looks like the hair has been a bit wind-swept (from the back. Due to gas. Hardy har har).

    And look at that, love bugs which I don't want to swat away. *squishes their faces and pets hair* They're in season now. They're everywhere. ._.; Save us! D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks! I added the butt line in my redraw! :3 It's not a huge booty, but she has something to sit on.

      I just like tacos. But yes, they provide fart material. :P And I didn't notice the windswept hair corresponded nicely with the gas! Definitely have to remember to color the underside of her hair golden yellow-green now. XD

      Aww, yay~ <3 They don't have many predators since they taste nasty, but Wikipedia suggests birds can save you? I can send my birdie minions to eat the mean love bugs. XD

      Delete