Friday, March 23, 2012

WIP - QT Crawlies 6

Now for some battle bugs and a punk! (Not really.)

Tree Hopper

Tree Hopper. This actually may be my absolute favorite of the series so far. I love my costume design for her (and maybe I love her enough to make cameos of her in my other series?!) And she looks so happy, d'aww. When (and if) I color the redraw, she's going to be quite bright and vividly colored with some of my favorite colors.

Earwig

Earwig. She and her brethren are shy and like to keep to themselves. But they fail at being ninjas and they are slower than a grandma in rush hour traffic. Nature must take pity on them to allow them to continue their pathetic annoying-ness to this day.

Firefly

Firefly. Those are supposed to be glowstick bracelets around her wrists.



2 comments:

  1. I'm liking these dynamic poses. *jealous*

    I love the tree hopper too. The outfit's pretty nifty and the hair is neat, at least what I can make out. The hair's a bit confusing in sketchy mode.
    Nice legs! *non-pervy way* I like the muscle definition.
    Color it soon, please?

    The earwig's soooooooo terrifying. D: Kidding, of course, they're pretty harmless. And even if they could invade our brains, we'd stop them ahead of time since they're slow (I loved your grandma analogy- I've experienced it. 8D) Here, it looks as if she was interrupted during a nap and is kicking at the intruder. Only half her body is trying to be a ninja. >.>

    Aw, no more info about the firefly? I like her, especially that skirt. She seems a bit pissed. Are the bracelets not lighting up right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (Don't be jealous! We both have our strengths and weaknesses and we have to keep improving both of them. ^^ )

      I'll try to make Tree Hopper one of the first ones I color of the redraws. I don't really have a good track record lately of coloring anything that isn't a commission. :( But I kept the muscles (and maybe improved them?) in the redraw, though, so I hope to be able to share the lineart with you soon! :D

      The earwig can't make up her mind whether to be defensive or offensive in protecting herself. XD

      I'll have more info on each insect when I upload the linearts to dA. Like why the firefly has no wings (which I almost forgot why in the redraw, unintentionally giving her a gender swap temporarily.) :3

      Delete