Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sketchbook - Stacey and Eladore


Stacey from my Minervellas novel. At this point I was starting to feel very uninspired and frustrated. Why when I make a main character of a story and draw her, she turns out looking somewhat like me?! Maybe I should draw more guy leads? Though, it's not entirely true that all my main female characters look like me. The protagonist of Toilet Spawn doesn't look like me, but maybe because she's a satire of girly-girls that use the toilet all the time. But any character I identify with ends up looking somewhat like an idealized mirror.


The antagonist from Minervellas, Eleanor, a.k.a. Eladore. I finally emerged from the aforementioned rut and sketched my cutie devil character. Even though she's quite evil in the story, I still think she's adorable. I have to work on making her funnier, though.

I know her left (our right) eye is wonky. That wasn't meant to happen, but this was just a sketch. As long as I keep drawing and sketching, the more I'll be able to avoid such mistakes in the future.



4 comments:

  1. This is my first time seeing them instead of reading them! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll try to have the rest of the main characters posted soon. ^^

      Delete
  2. I don't think she looks too much like you. Unless you've changed much since I last saw you? People probably won't know the similarity unless you explicitly point it out. :P

    "Girly girls who use the toilet all the time."-I lol'ed. >.>

    Eladore looks pretty cute. <3 The right eye is just a bit low (not really wonky), but she looks fine. :P *plays with hair*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've hardly changed since I was fourteen years old. XD I think it's just how the hair curls in the ponytail resemble my own hair when it gets that long. I sometimes see bits of myself in my drawings, though, perhaps through personality seeping through?

      Well, that's my impression of girly girls. 8D

      Thank you! I'll make sure her eyes are aligned correctly for the real portraits, though~

      Delete