Sunday, April 15, 2012

Derrotic Ruins - Hank and Caeser in Spring 2011

In middle school, I discovered anime fan sites and all the stats they contained about characters. I was obsessed and drew Sailor Moon fanart (all thrown away by now) in the seventh grade with their stats beside them. Some of my classmates teased me, saying it was like stalker info for cartoon characters. Finally I decided to make stat-sheet drawings of my own characters.

These are no longer "canon" and the boys are 14 because I was 13 and I thought the boys should be older for what I guess were societal reasons.


Old-school Xerxes (formerly Hank.) LOL, that middle name. He was like a teenage form of Han Solo and Captain Kirk for my middle-school self to adventure with (I may have made Mary Sues back then, but even I knew it would be strange for a 30-year-old man to travel with a barely teenage girl. Unlike other Mary Sue authors I've encountered.) His birthday is still the same, but not much else from the stat-sheet.


Old-school Caeser. I embarrassed a guy in my class when I told the class I was inspired by him for this guy (i.e. the fashion sense. I thought it was cool... I wasn't making fun of him!) And the traits part is so false now. Xerxes and Caeser are supposed to be best friends. Also, I eventually (in the eighth grade) made Caeser Australian instead of British. And now he's an alien (maybe still with an Australian accent?) And now he's a sleepy, lazy bum, not hyper. He used to be rich and that's still true. Oh well, this was one of the first real drawings I drew of Caeser (if not the first.)

These were both drawn sometime in the spring of 2001, toward the end of seventh grade. Eleven years ago. That's over a DECADE.




4 comments:

  1. I swear I remember Caesar being Australian in the sixth grade. I know this because I liked him enough to steal him (sort of, not really) for my LOTR fanfiction later... maybe you just told me that over the phone some time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fuzzy since I created him a long time ago (I think late in fifth grade or early in sixth grade. Or during the summer between the two.) I just know that I put "British" on this paper from seventh grade. ;_; (But Hank's an idiot, so British, Australian, it all sounds the same to him. XD) But I do know he was Australian in the Digimon fanfiction from eighth grade.

      I'm pretty sure I talked about him over the phone to you, though, because I remember rambling to you about my characters and fan fiction a lot back then and my parents would complain about the phone bill. XD

      Delete
  2. "stalker info for cartoon characters"- BAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, but that's hilarious to me, for some reason. >.> And it kind of makes sense in an odd way.

    "strange for a 30-year-old man to travel with a barely teenage girl"- Erm. ._.; *guilty, kind of*

    I say keep the Australian accent for an alien. I'm probably being influenced by my watching DBZ Abridged, but I think it would be amusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was obsessed with stat sheets back then. I would make them for my own characters and I would scour the Internet to fill in stat sheets of my favorite anime characters and get pissed off if some data was missing (like birthdays.) This all goes back to my data hoarding tendencies in early elementary school, when I would write down the cast information of various television shows, like The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and... you'll laugh... Barney and Friends. I would ask my mom to pause videotapes or ask who played who in old sitcoms if I couldn't catch the name fast enough. I would tape the lists of cast information on my wall and memorize them. So the information I write down and/or memorize for anime characters, my own characters, and even idols isn't that strange if you compare me only against myself. 8D

      But your characters aren't being Mary Sues! The main reason I wrote fanfiction in the first place as an eleven year old was because I thought Han Solo was so cool and I wanted to have adventures with him (or like him) in some form. (And I liked Darth Vader, too, so he was tortured by my Mary Sue. I threw those stories out a long time ago, but I used to call up my friends and bore them with long ramblings of my character being a brat to the Empire.) My character didn't get better until I distanced her from myself. XD

      Okie dokie! Now he'll come off as super drunk. XD

      Delete