Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sketchbook - Helen and Karen

Finally, the last of the main Minervellas characters!


Helen is pretty much the generic doll-type. But I hope her upturned nose and mouth shape make her a little unique. Or at least mouth shape. I imagine all bullies and snobs with upturned noses, something that will become more apparent as more of my drawings are uploaded.


Karen. It was really hard drawing her as I imagined her partly because I didn't have much of a concrete image of her in my mind. She was a concept. I almost forgot to make her hair wavy and I debated whether or not to give her small twin tails on top. But I'm satisfied with the result. She looks cute and sweet to me, which fits her concept.




2 comments:

  1. Once again, I admire how you draw such expressive faces. ;_; I'm loving Karen's droopy eyes and Helen's mouth. And the hair is lovely. Really, really lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~! <3

      I hope the hair will still look good when I attempt to digitally paint these girls. o__o (I'm already feeling scared of coloring them and I haven't finished the actual lineart for any of them... this is why my coloring never gets done. XD )

      Delete