Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sketchbook - Owl Family Part 1

I have an entire family of plush owls that I keep in a laundry basket called "The Nest." They will have their own series of illustrations as well as cameos in some of my other projects (some are actually main or supporting characters in Hellhoney.) So here's half the family!


The parents and two hootlettes. Mr. Fluffy Feathers (Manitoba/Manny) is a Grey Owl and Lilith is a Snowy Owl. Manitoba is a gentleman while Lilith is a proper lady who eats human children. Sayu-Lily and Ludwig are twin Snowy Owls. Sayu-Lily is a mischievous princess-type, while Ludwig is a mad scientist that wants to rule the world. He hates his hat being pulled down over his face.


Four more hootlettes. Since the plush owls they are based on are characters from a movie, I changed their appearances a bit to fit with the personalities and roles I gave them in the family. Which I hope are different than the movie. (Let me know if they resemble the originals too much, please!) Athena is a cynical tomboy (most of the other hootlettes concern her); Minerva is girly and naive; Odin is a little rebel (he used to be an emo, now he's an adventurer that hangs out with any type of animal, even dangerous ones); and Loki is a fluffy little troublemaker. As expected, the boys are momma's boys and the girls are Daddy's little girls. Though Loki also loves his Unkle Jobob, because of a mutual love of pranks.




2 comments:

  1. I lol'ed at Lilith, cuz she eats kids. >.> (Yay myth!) Actually, I like all the myth tie-ins. The fact that they have hair/featherstyles amuses me. Loki reminds me of someone ( I can't remember!)

    Will we see photos of the real owls? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still didn't figure out if Loki looked like something from Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake, right?

      Once I verify my digital camera is still working and find batteries for it, of course I can take some photos. ^^

      Delete