Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sketchbook - Matilda and Penelope

Finally I have more Minervellas sketches to show! I kept saying they would come soon, but that's what I also keep saying about the Hellhoney comic, so I can understand any skepticism. Will the last two girls come next week?


I wish I had uploaded this last Tuesday, like I had hoped. Only three other people probably know the significance. But anyway, this is Matilda, the motherly punk. Something about how I drew her reminds me of Erika Umeda, a former Hello!Project idol, now fashion model. I'm pretty sure it's her teeth.


Speaking of teeth, my mom thinks Penelope's teeth look odd. She's meant to be odd (a lunatic), but I hope they don't look too bad. I'm a sucker for yaeba, so I had to have one character with slight fangs, and I thought she'd be the best candidate of my characters (future pictures may accentuate her canines more.) The one thing that bugs me is that her messy hair makes her look an unsettling bit like me. If I ever manage to color a picture with her in it, hopefully the resemblance will go away (she has brownish hair.)

(Also, I forgot to add the neon highlights to Matilda's hair, oops.)




2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I saw the resemblance in Penelope right away. XD But that might be because of the way you portray yourself in self-portraits. (Since you exaggerate certain features each time) If I put her next to you, I wouldn't think that you two looked alike. But I never see you in real life so maybe I'm wrong?

    Dear lord, I love Matilda's face! I always enjoy your faces. :P (in a non-pervy way)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the hair. D: But somehow she looks different in the chibi version. Maybe her hair should be shorter? But at least she doesn't have the aquiline nose I portray myself with. Or the single fang tooth that sticks out. I just need to figure out how to keep her hair messy and shoulder length without looking too much like mine.

      Yay, I'm glad you like Matilda! Another friend likes her, too, so if Matilda was real, she'd be happy to know she has fans. <3 (So I'm just happy for her. XD)

      Delete