Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sketchbook - Evil Versus Cute

The following aren't related to any of my current projects. It's actually closer in intent to the ogre catharsis section of my sketchbook, because the feelings were similar. See, some very specific things were pissing me off. So I anthropomorphized their caricatures.


But after showing the picture to someone and explaining what the caricatures were of, I was asked if I wanted to get sued. Even though these were parodies and based on things and not people, I was told that the people in charge of those things have powerful lawyers and I could be in deep financial trouble whether I won or not. Which only made me angrier at the things (and now their owners) even more. But I blocked out every reference to what these gruesome guys represent.

America: the land of the free. (If you have a billion dollars.)


Originally, I thought of a super team of foils that would be made of beautiful women. They would be the heroes against the mean things/guys. The lawyer remark was made before I started sketching them, so they lack the identifying characteristics I originally planned for them. Only one of them somewhat resembles my original idea. They ended up looking like they would make a fun K-Pop group, though, hehe. (Wow, the heels on the far right lady are so messed up no matter how many times I tried to fix them.)





2 comments:

  1. I’m very curious about who these dudes represent. Note me personally? *nosy* Why on earth would you be sued? If people can publish newspaper cartoons and label them “political,” why would yours do harm? I just don’t get it.

    That aside, the one on the left reminds me of DBZ’s Vegeta mixed with DW’s Abzorbaloff. XD
    I dunno about the one on the right, but the middle makes me think “Dumb as a brick.”
    What do the black holes represent? I ask because I yearn for knowledge.

    The gals do look like a J-Pop or K-Pop group. Make a story for them this NaNo season. GO! (What do they represent? You’re asking me nuts here. Why do they fight the dudes? Is it major drama?
    I dig the pirate, but I wonder how she sees with an eyepatch and her good eye covered. The one on the far left is nifty too. The hairdo! That…outfit. Looks like hospital bandages. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you next time we chat. I honestly didn't think I'd be sued, but I was frustrated and decided, 'Fine. I don't want trouble' because the look in their eyes was so serious and that gave me self-doubt.

    I can see that combination! The latter would have to have absorbed Veggie, though, because I can't see Veggie entering a relationship with him. :P The black holes were the symbols/marks that gave away what they were. I censored them.

    I don't think I'm ready for tackling two NaNos at the same time... I'm just not that hardcore yet. :P

    They represent the opposites of the men. It's not major drama... it's just some things were pissing me off, and I thought of their opposites to beat up the the pisser-offers. ;_; Just catharsis, I didn't have any major plans behind it. XD

    It's a visual joke. 8D The far left one is the one I like the best and the most likely one to get recycled for some future project... I'm glad you like her, too! :) (Her outfit is more ceramic-like instead of bandage-like, though.)

    ReplyDelete