Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sketchbook - Owl Uncles and Grandparents

More of my owls this time!


Clockwise from upper-left. Unkle Jobob, the hillbilly brother of Mr. Fluffy Feathers. He enjoys whiskey, women, and pulling pranks. Though that may sound scary, he's the most open and friendly of all the owls. Not that the other owls aren't friendly, just that they don't have the warm familiarity (even with strangers) as Unkle Jobob.

Next is Uncle Theo(dore.) He's the older brother of Mr. Fluffy Feathers and Unkle Jobob (but not the oldest, who I'll get to later.) He's the scholar, majoring in computers and minoring in hugs (and apparently has the side talent of acrobatics.) Seriously, I just place him in front of my computer when it's acting up and he usually works it out for me. Or intimidates my computer. Or my computer thinks I'm pathetic and feels pity and humors me. Anyway, he may look gruff and serious, but he's actually kind and gentle and proves he took his studying seriously.

The last two hootlets are Gretchen (bottom right) and Micki (bottom left.) Gretchen looks a lot like a miniature version of her mother, Lilith. Gretchen is one of the quieter hootlets, a bit of a bookworm, but she does show a little rebellious streak when she sneaks off with her boyfriend, a yeti.

Micki is sweet, friendly, and flamboyant. But he's also the one most picked on by his siblings. Odin and Ludwig are the least likely to tease him and most likely to allow him to tag along (Odin likes adventure buddies and Ludwig likes someone willing to be his magic apprentice.)


The grandparents! First, Lilith's parents...

Foagie is stern, grumpy, and scary. He tolerates his grandhootlets as long as they are quiet and waddle obediently behind him.

Irma is the kind of grandmother with an endless nest of hugs and treats.

Grandma Lori V and Grandpa Barney are Mr. Fluffy Feathers' parents. Lori V always looks like she woke up on the wrong side of the nest, but she's just a wild grandma. Unkle Jobob gets his loud friendliness from her. Barney, however, is a pretty doctor/graphic designer. My mom accuses him of being too pretty and thinks Lori V trapped him. Mr. Fluffy Feathers takes after him them most. The rest of the von Hoo brothers share characteristics of both parents.




2 comments:

  1. ...

    I'm going to steal your owl collection one day, you know that, right?

    It's cute that your mum humors you by acting like they're alive. 8D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo! They are my loyal companions and I would have to rescue them, you know. D:<

      I'm grateful for that~ <3 It's not always cute, though! She plots against me with Lilith and she tips Theo over when he's hanging out on my bed!

      Delete