Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sketchbook - Foagie and Irma

I'm going to have sketches of my owl family (human style) pretty regularly now (like when most weeks I posted QT Crawlies.) 

I'm taking Meshia's advice and thinking of each series as an assignment. So I'll be trying to catch up on a major project a month, a bigger minor project and a smaller minor project every two weeks, and then divide up the rest of my fanart and other tasks to get back on track. For the rest of this month I'll be working on Toilet Spawn, Plush-related art, and the Silly Calendar. I'm just trying to get them drawn. I'll worry about inking later. Coloring even later. Things that I want to digitally color, even later still.

But before I can illustrate my owls, I have to finish sketches of them, so here's a couple!


Grandpa Foagie. A grumpy, scary, but classy man. Not as derpy-looking as the old style, I hope!


Grandma Irma. I think I should have made her larger and more huggable, but her plush avatar was staring at me, so she turned out more like this. I'm a bit conflicted whether I should change her or not.

... Please stop looking at me like that, Grandma Irma!

I mean, I always think of her as a rocking chair or comfy chair type grandma. But I also have a hard time picturing her as particularly old looking. She carries her age well.

Oh wow, here I am debating on the human appearance of one of my plush owls.





1 comment:

  1. Now I only need to take that same advice about “assignments.” I honestly haven’t done much of anything since my break down, and that was how long ago? ;_; /sad

    I think these have lots of personality! Okay, all of your character sketches have that, but I can distinguish everyone from one another, and that’s good.

    By god, that hair and eyebrows on him! He looks like Jackman!Wolverine. >.> *squishes his cheeks* I really like the close-up of his face. The nose and mouth are very…stern? ^^;

    I think Irma is fine like this. She can still be “rocking chair grandma.” :P Some peeps just age nicely. And she kind of fits with Foagie; not the clothes style, but the age gap doesn’t seem to be that large.

    Don’t feel bad about talking/debating to yourself your characters. :P Helps you develop them!

    ReplyDelete