Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sketchbook - Dolphin and Shark

Mermaid time again!! Don't worry, it will be a little while before I run out of them (for this year, at least.)


The Dolphin! She's sporty, but chatty. And loves fish, obviously. I particularly like her design. If I could make a doll of her and go back in time and give it to my four-year-old self, the doll would be a close friend. She just looks cool to be around.


The Shark! More sharp teeth and fun with grumpy faces and muscles. Though sharks aren't really angry beings, but rather unemotional-seeming, right? (Eating machines.) That would actually make her more scary, hmm...

But a mermaid needs a human touch, so I guess her face is all right.





1 comment:

  1. How thin is the paper you’re drawing on? I can see through these. o.O Or is the scanner just that strong?

    I totally didn’t see the Dolphin’s teeth the first time around. 8D Would she let a person stick their fingers in her mouth to rub her tongue? …Okay, that sounds weird, but I’m just thinking of the dolphins and orcas who seem to like that sort of thing. (Just don’t let them bite your hand off!)

    I would totally get a toy of her.

    The shark looks as if she ate something sour. :P She has an “HYRUGK!” expression.

    Er…conehead. *is shot* I love the arm muscles and the arm gills. I thought those were clever.

    I like how you’re transitioning from one part of the body to another in these. The tail beginning close to the genitals’ end is more “realistic,” (as realistic as mermaids go) unlike those tails which cover up the nether regions and butt like a sock. (*ahem* Ariel) They look kind of, um, gross like this. XD Not a bad thing! It’s just more unnerving to imagine a person’s body being permanently attached to something slimy and not have it look as if you could just strip it off like a stocking. Er, at least they poop and bang freely like this. XD

    (Have I told you this before? If so, I’m telling you again, so there!)

    One thing is niggling me though. Would the shark’s body bend at that sharp of an angle? Looks uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete