Friday, September 7, 2012

WIP - Foagie and Micki

This week's owl family drawings are magical! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this last time, but the shadows on the pages are from the spirals on the drawing pad. I was stupid and didn't use extra paper to flatten the pad of paper when I scanned them in.


Grandpa Foagie. His role and personality is a parody and in-joke. The in-joke being when I first received him on Christmas, my mom said, "And who's he supposed to be? The Grandpa?" Can you guess who (hoo?) he is a parody of? Hint: Lilith is his daughter. Lilith's name is a hint, even though I named her before I even received Foagie, so the connection was unintentional.


Sensitive cutie Micki should be a bit chubbier. Ad have a more delicate expression on his face. But I'm definitely keeping the ice-skating theme in the redraw. It's so fancy and totally fits him.

More next week? Let's hope!




2 comments:

  1. Ya know, the spiral shadows actually give these an interesting look. They almost become part of the background, like striped wallpaper.

    I feel dumb. What's the parody? *hides*

    Wait wait wait.

    Grandpa from The Munsters? (God, TV Land and Nick at Nite were awesome!) Lily was his daughter, right?

    Do I get cookies?

    The second pic is adorable, period. I really want to see these completed. They would make an awesome series. Just imagine you're on a deadline for Freshman-Brown's class and that may get you working. 8D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with that "wallpaper" is that it only works if the scanner isn't touching the paper (it's an unintentional digital glitch.) And when they are colored, I don't think will look that great... because the stripes will muddle up details and cover the foreground, too. I'm planning on tearing the pages out (they are perforated) before scanning, next time.

      Bingo! What kind of cookies?

      I may try that! Like "finish this drawing pad in two weeks!" (There aren't that many pages in it. Under twenty.)

      Delete