Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sketchbook - Turtle and Seal

It's about time I got back to the mermaids!


The Sea Turtle. What would you think if this popped up in front of you? I should have made the shell blend in with her skin more since sea turtles cannot hide in their shells. If you haven't guessed yet, her "character" is painfully shy, but maybe I can spice that up a bit. (Not "maybe", I mean. I really should. For... feminism! ... )


The Seal. Actually, a furred, baby Harp Seal (except she's not a baby, obviously.) The seal is friendly, naive, cuddly, and curious. Even the mean characters think she's adorable.

I still have quite a few mermaids left, so they'll be coming over the next several weeks!





1 comment:

  1. I was going to ask if the part of skin we don’t see blends with the inside shell, but I guess you already answered that. 8D

    Hmmmm, instead of being “painfully” shy, maybe she can just be shy and intentionally bumps into people and swims away. (As if she’s playing a game but doesn’t want to directly confront anyone) Does that make sense?

    That bow made me lol.

    And the turtle part is kick-ass! The skin appeals to my tedious mind and the shell is really lovely. I can tell what it is without being told! 8D

    (Feminismmmmmmmmmmmmm!)

    The seal makes me want to cry. I love baby harp seals and her personality is how I imagine them. And it reminds me of the real babies who get killed by assholes. ;_; (I am forever scarred by that video)

    Morbidity aside, I think this is one of my faves. Probably due to my bias for seals, but I adore her fluffiness with her hair and tail. She’s adorably plump. *cuddles her*

    I wanna buy these someday. Finish ‘em! And the owl-person drawings! FINISH ‘EM ALL!

    ReplyDelete